Toronto Bioinformatics Users Group
TorBUG (Toronto Bioinformatics Users Group) is an association of researchers, other professionals and students in the Greater Toronto Area who have an interest in the field of bioinformatics.
TorBUG meets on the last Wednesday of every month from September through April, except holidays. Research presentations by bioinformatics leaders, students and industry representatives are followed by networking over pizza and refreshments.
Meetings for 2021-2022 will initially continue virtually via Zoom and are FREE and OPEN to all.
VIRTUAL Meeting Format: https://oicr-ca.zoom.us/j/98801025345?pwd=UHJSNjFvVVpnTWtLRDFlYzByT1RKQT09
- September 29, 2021 – Rahul Satija, Principal Investigator, New York Genome Center
- October 27, 2021 – Pamela Hoodless, Director & Distinguished Scientist, Terry Fox Laboratory
- November 24, 2021 – Juan C. Caicedo, Schmidt Fellow & Principal Investigator, Broad Institute, MIT
- January 26, 2022 – Lorin Crawford, Senior Researcher at Microsoft Research New England, and Assistant Professor of Biostatistics at Brown University
- February 23, 2022 – Smita Krishnaswamy, Associate Professor of Genetics and Computer Science, Yale
- March 30, 2022 – Brenda Andrews, Director and Principal Investigator, Donnelly Centre, University of Toronto
- April 27, 2022 – Sorana Morrissy, Assistant Professor, Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, University of Calgary
As a service to the community, other bioinformatics events are posted to the calendar.
Mailing List: To subscribe to announcements of upcoming TorBUG events, please visit: https://lists.torbug.org/mailman/listinfo/announce
TorBUG is sponsored by: